Old 17-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Laura

Default Aquarium lighting help needed

Help. I've got a CustomSeaLife BriteLite PC fixture and I need a
replacement bulb for it, but I've discovered that CSL has gone out of
business.

Can anyone tell me if there are other bulbs that can be used with this
fixture? The previous bulb info is: compact fluorescent, 96W, 8800K,
colorquest twintube, 10Q Base 4-pin square. (But I think I'd like to
maybe get a 6700K or lower this time.)

I'm afraid I am not saavy enough to know if the PC bulbs are
interchangeable. So I worry about putting the wrong thing in the wrong
fixture.

If I can't get any replacement bulbs, I'll have to get another
fixture. So I'm hoping to at least find out my options.

Thanks,
Laura
Old 19-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Nitesbane

"Laura" wrote in message
m...
Help. I've got a CustomSeaLife BriteLite PC fixture and I need a
replacement bulb for it, but I've discovered that CSL has gone out of
business.

Can anyone tell me if there are other bulbs that can be used with this
fixture? The previous bulb info is: compact fluorescent, 96W, 8800K,
colorquest twintube, 10Q Base 4-pin square. (But I think I'd like to
maybe get a 6700K or lower this time.)

As another poster mentioned, any 96W square-pin bulb will do the trick. My
plants are loving the 6700K bulbs made by Coralife...although I don't really
like how they look so green.

Old 24-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Laura

Thanks so much! Just what I needed to know.