Old 30-12-2004, 04:07 AM
Drew_Y

I see you gave this some effort. I do like the Eheim regulator, I would
not buy the pH controller from Eheim. I have used a Azoo controller and
that is a long story too.

Actually I use two of them. One is on a calcium reactor for a reef
tank. I have very steady co2 bubbling. I have used a M3 dual stage with
a solenoid and Dwyer needle valve. It did work but was a pain to get
very steady.

The real problem is that high pressure / low volume systems are hard to
regulate with precision altogether, even with lab grade equipment. To
overcome this problem I used a brass check valve with 20+ psi cracking
pressure is used. So what gets through the check valve is controlled by
the needle valve assembly to the check valve. Probably only 1-3 psi
difference and still has enough force to drive diffuser on exit.

When using a dual stage to a needle valve adjustment, the back pressure
after the needle valve will be almost non-existant. So for example
running a second stage at a lower level is necessary to get a fine
adjustment out of the
needle. It can work but I am tired of trying.

Hope this is of some use to you! I really cant provide info on the
needle valve. There is currently on for sale on ebay though.... :

Old 30-12-2004, 04:24 AM
Drew_Y

I think your unit was broken or I have a newer or different model than
you have.

Old 31-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Michi Henning

"Drew_Y" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think your unit was broken or I have a newer or different model than
you have.

No, what I got was definitely not broken. Those flaws are there
by design, not by mistake. And Eheim haven't changed their
CO2 system since it was first released.

Cheers,

Michi.

--
Michi Henning Ph: +61 4 1118-2700
ZeroC, Inc. http://www.zeroc.com

Old 31-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Drew_Y

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issu...02/gallery.htm

Heres a description of a flow valve you had interest in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Here is a cheap used one if you want it.

Old 31-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Drew_Y

I have the regulator with medical 1.5 mm tubing adapter, check valve,
and fritted diffuser. I used a nylon 1.5 to 4mm barb adapter and brass
check valve. I only had to make one adjustment after the first week as
the bubbling slowed down. I have found the regulator very reliable. I
bought it based on a recommendation. I have an aqua medic solenoid run
by an Azoo pH controller. Controller is chinese with poor instruction
for calibration. Once it is calibrated though it does work well.

Cleaning a fritted disk is easy. A dip in a strong oxidizer such as
sodium chlorate, 35% peroxide for several hours followed by a strong
water rinse, then a weak acetic acid rinse will make it like new. What
a pain right?? ha...

Anyway sorry it was so difficult. Look at this new item available in
now in North America. Looks very nice!! It might work but 280

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/i...r&wrap=ShopADG

Old 01-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Michi Henning

"Drew_Y" wrote in message
oups.com...

Anyway sorry it was so difficult. Look at this new item available in
now in North America. Looks very nice!! It might work but 280

http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/i...r&wrap=ShopADG

Very cool looking. Nice. But $280.00 for a regulator? I think not.
Of course, there are people who are willing to pay $120 for a
$10 polo shirt if the shirt has a little crocodile on it... To each their
own...

Michi.