Old 13-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Happy'Cam'per

OK, I think I'm getting it but could you repeat that one more time please?

--
"In the beginning, God said the four-dimensional divergence of an
antisymmetric,

wrote in message
ups.com...
There is no conjecture nor opinion from nice aqauscapes and nice
healthy growing plants.

I have both.

Careful whom you take advice from and listen to, a universal truth is
that healthy plant growth = no algae growth/issues.

So focus on the plant growth.
More CO2, more nutrients

Algae do better at lower nutrients than plants, not higher.
Algae are also in a different niche than plants due to their much
smaller size and requirements.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 01-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Rich M

In article ,
Nikki Casali wrote:

I think fast growing plants could be an answer. I've been searching for
hornwort, for example, over the last few weeks without any success.
Seems to be hard to get at the moment. What would you suggest? What
plants do you have?

Anacharis is a very fast grower and can easily be propagated to fill a
tank in short order.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Nikki Casali

Rich M wrote:

In article ,
Nikki Casali wrote:

I think fast growing plants could be an answer. I've been searching for
hornwort, for example, over the last few weeks without any success.
Seems to be hard to get at the moment. What would you suggest? What
plants do you have?

Anacharis is a very fast grower and can easily be propagated to fill a
tank in short order.

I have tried Anacharis and will try again. I need to buy this in large
quantities. A number of fish in my aquarium munch it like candy floss.

Serendipity landed me with a water sprite that hitchhiked on another
plant I bought. I'm going to let it take over the tank. I just have to
work out how to best aquascape an aquarium whose predominant plant
species is water sprite. Time to google.

Nikki

Old 03-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Richard

In article ,
Rich M wrote:
In article ,
Nikki Casali wrote:

I think fast growing plants could be an answer. I've been searching for
hornwort, for example, over the last few weeks without any success.
Seems to be hard to get at the moment. What would you suggest? What
plants do you have?

Anacharis is a very fast grower and can easily be propagated to fill a
tank in short order.

I use Ludwigia repens; it's my fastest growing plant. Rotala indica
comes second, "Ambula", third. The rest are crypts :-)

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org