Old 26-12-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Bacterial Bloom and Anacharis

Hello, I have a 20g tank witha nasty bacterial bloom. I'd like to get
some anacharis in there mainly because I like live plants, and I don't
have a very bright lighting system. The problem is, I am currently
cutting the lights to being on for about 2 or 3 hours, due to the
bacterial bloom. So, how kcuh higher would I need to knock up the time
the lights are so the anacharis will live. I however do not want the
anacharis turing into a weed, as I have heard they can with too much
lighting. Thanks in advance for help.
Wishing all a happy new year,
Evan Davis

Old 28-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Nick Wise

Cutting the lights will not do anything to the bacteria. As long as
you are not adding any large source of ammonia, they will eventually
use up the food source and die. Just do 50% water changes and wait.
Nick

Old 28-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Nick Wise

Cutting the lights will not do anything to the bacteria. As long as
you are not adding any large source of ammonia, they will eventually
use up the food source and die. Just do 50% water changes and wait.
Nick

Bacterial Bloom and Anacharis [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 17-08-2006 06:41 PM
Bacterial soft rot, novel treatment. Daniel Joyce Orchids 0 29-01-2004 02:27 AM
Dianthus: bacterial wilt, virus or something else? szozu Gardening 2 04-08-2003 05:22 PM
bacterial gill disease John Rutz Ponds 0 21-06-2003 02:56 PM
bacterial leaf spot? Tanya Orchids 4 04-02-2003 05:16 PM