Old 30-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Matt C.

Default CO2 injection into a Rena Filstar filter

I got a Rena Filstar XP1 for xmas for my 29 gallon planted tank. I would
like to inject my DIY CO2 into the filter so the impeller breaks up the
bubbles. is there any way i can rig this filter to do this? I used to have a
small powerhead that i bubbled into and it worked really well.

Any suggestions?

thanx,
Matt

Old 05-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Captain Feedback

I don't know that particular filter, but can't you just run your CO2
line into the intake strainer?

Old 05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Nikki Casali

Matt C. wrote:
I got a Rena Filstar XP1 for xmas for my 29 gallon planted tank. I would
like to inject my DIY CO2 into the filter so the impeller breaks up the
bubbles. is there any way i can rig this filter to do this? I used to have a
small powerhead that i bubbled into and it worked really well.

Any suggestions?

All I did with my Interpet canister filter was dig a hole with a drill
bit into the bottom of the strainer. The CO2 tubing was then pushed into
the hole with an angle connector.

http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/CO2Intake.jpg

Nikki