Old 05-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Drew_Y

Default Help with Eleocharis Acicularis

I am growing plants with some success when I try. I have recently
redone a 55 gallon aquarium with riccia, eleocharis, and
glossostigmata. I have 20 ppm of co2 on continuous control and 4 X 54W
T% daylight bulbs running 11 hrs/day. I use fluoite laterite clay only
as the substrate and insert a few seachem plant plugs.

For fretilization I try to maintain 5-10 ppm NO3, 20-30 ppm potassium,
and 0.1ppm iron. I dose 0.2 mg/l KH2PO4 1 x per week.

My question is if there a better way to grow eleocharis? Is an enriched
substrate required for this plant?
It has only been in place 1-2 weeks

Drew

Old 06-01-2005, 01:54 PM
ANDRZEJ

Halo sory for my englisch but I think you have to little iron
Uzytkownik "Drew_Y" napisal w wiadomosci
oups.com...

Old 11-01-2005, 05:29 AM
baj

Drew,
I have similar parameters in my tank, and my e acicularis growth really
took off in a few weeks, actually within 4 weeks it went from 4 bunches
spaced 1" apart in a straight line to covering a triangular patch
20"x8"x8". my tank parameters are 15ppm Nitrates, 5ppm P, K and Mg at
20ppm (not tested, dose once after water change to 20ppm), 5ml Flourish
XL every other day, 2ml flourish every other day and .6ml Fe every
other day. Co2 is at 35-45ppm (DIY Co2) substrate is
flourite+ecocomplete+first layer laterite layer at the bottom.
Regards,
-b

Drew_Y wrote:
I am growing plants with some success when I try. I have recently
redone a 55 gallon aquarium with riccia, eleocharis, and
glossostigmata. I have 20 ppm of co2 on continuous control and 4 X

54W
T% daylight bulbs running 11 hrs/day. I use fluoite laterite clay

only
as the substrate and insert a few seachem plant plugs.

For fretilization I try to maintain 5-10 ppm NO3, 20-30 ppm

potassium,
and 0.1ppm iron. I dose 0.2 mg/l KH2PO4 1 x per week.

My question is if there a better way to grow eleocharis? Is an

enriched
substrate required for this plant?
It has only been in place 1-2 weeks

Drew

Does Eleocharis Acicularis need root substrate? Drew_Y Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 11-01-2005 06:35 AM
Advice for "Eleocharis Acicularis" (Hairgrass) SA Ponds (alternative) 0 09-06-2004 08:09 PM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM