Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Nikki Casali

Default Echinodorus serial devastator

Suddenly, something is destroying, one-by-one, my long Echinodorus
leaves. They're being reduced to skeletal leaves at night.

I have Ancistrus, Otocinclus and Upside Down Catfish. Which do you think
is the guilty party?

Is it a coincidence that my tank PO4 level is now a lowish 0.1 ppm? Are
they starved of algae and resorting to eating leaves? If BBA is still
hanging around I can presume that the stuff they thrive on is still present.

Nikki

Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Tasslehoff

Ancistrus nuff said, give em half an extra algae wafer each each day, even
then mine occasionally graze on my ozelot and amazon swords.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Nikki Casali

Poor buggers. I must be starving them! I just boiled a mini zucchini
(courgette), cut it into small chunks and dropped it in. They do seem
partial to it, even my mollies!