GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Does Eleocharis Acicularis need root substrate? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/88554-does-eleocharis-acicularis-need-root-substrate.html)

Drew_Y 10-01-2005 01:22 AM

Does Eleocharis Acicularis need root substrate?

I am trying to grow Eleocharis Acicularis(sp) Dwarf Hair Grass after an
initial failed attempt. I am using 4 T5-54watts over a 55 gallon tank
that is much brighter than before. And am using K-N-P & FE at
recommended dosage levels.

My question is does this species do better with root feeding besides
fluorite?

[email protected] 10-01-2005 02:35 AM

Drew_Y wrote:
I am trying to grow Eleocharis Acicularis(sp) Dwarf Hair Grass after

an
initial failed attempt. I am using 4 T5-54watts over a 55 gallon tank
that is much brighter than before. And am using K-N-P & FE at
recommended dosage levels.

My question is does this species do better with root feeding besides
fluorite?

No.
It does very well and I have it in flourite only.
Grows about 30% larger each week.
You might consider adding a little patience and more CO2:-)
Regards,
Tom Barr

Drew_Y 11-01-2005 01:33 AM

already have 15 ppm co2 while i'm holding my breath

Richard 11-01-2005 06:32 AM

In article .com,
Drew_Y wrote:
I am trying to grow Eleocharis Acicularis(sp) Dwarf Hair Grass after an
initial failed attempt. I am using 4 T5-54watts over a 55 gallon tank
that is much brighter than before. And am using K-N-P & FE at
recommended dosage levels.

My question is does this species do better with root feeding besides
fluorite?

No. Just lots of light, no algae and lots of nitrate.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org

Richard 11-01-2005 06:35 AM

In article .com,
Drew_Y wrote:
already have 15 ppm co2 while i'm holding my breath

Mine grows fine without CO2.

Is it getting lots of light or are other plants shading it? How long
have you had it?