GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertilizers... What is best? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/88789-fertilizers-what-best.html)

Justin 13-01-2005 01:36 PM

Fertilizers... What is best?

Hi all...

I've just learnt how to use newsgroups and found this one, so hopefully I
don't bombard you all with questions...

I have been runing my planted tank for about 6 mths now and have gone
through the green water period, the unstable period and now that i am
getting established, I want to start tweaking. My fertilizer is where I
want to start...
I have only used Dupla 24 in conjuntion with Dupla Plant 24 in my aquarium
and I have average results but after resently looking at some of the planted
aquariums at http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/ I know there must be
something I am doing wrong... Most of these aquariums use Seachem Flourish
as there daily fertilizer... Has anyone had experience with this?
If anyone can help, I was wondering should I maybe use half dupla and half
flourish as my daily routine or maybe just go straight over to flourish? I
have pressurized CO2 on 10hours a day with MH lighting in a 200 litre
aquarium. I really want to see the bubbling oxygen effect I have seen in a
planted aquarium video...

Thanks all for any advise/help you can give.