Old 23-01-2005, 10:07 AM

No, I don't give up on folks if they complain legimately, they have a
point. Trolls expose themselves rather quickly, misunderstandings can
be worked through. Trolls and killfies are fine for some folks, but I
want to make sure before ___assuming__ which is ironically exactly what
is being done to me:-)

Irony has no limits.

So that would not be the wise path away from hypocrasy, rather, it
would lead right to it and never resolve anything.
Resoution will be achieved with sustained effort to make things better,
much like a nice planted tank.

So ...........(Decision time) there will be much simpler web design
coming up in the next few days.
It's forum based since everyone is fairly well familar with that and
the organizational layout(myself included).
This was not my intent, but no public folks will be NOT able to post,
just view the public DIY stuff and other chosen content, rather than
ads.The newsletter, which is the main core, will be private and pdf for
downloading without clogging your mailboxes.

My alligence is to the subscribers and public at large rather than ads,
sponsers etc. Folks that know me, know I'm quite independent and like
my freedom there. I'm not like Armstrong Williams, which investigative
reporting by USA Today unmasked as the frontman for a scheme in which
$240,000 of taxpayers' money was quietly siphoned to
him through the Department of Education and a private p.r. firm(which
he owns) so that he would "regularly comment" upon
(translation: shill for) the Bush administration's No Child Left Behind
policy in various media venues
during an election year.

I make good $ already, this is not about making $ for me, it's about
not losing money doing it.
You'll never see me on that side of the shrill fence, life has better
options where everyone wins, I'm not cynical but it's not hard to feel
that way sometimes. I chose not to be cynical. I chose to change and
make the bad ........good. If they resist, then they have chosen their
path on their own, not due in part to myself.

Joe nor Oz has acted as a troll. Rather, they may become my friend
someday and end up at the AGA meeting in Monterey having a beer with me
(I'll have the tea thanks). I like that possible prospect much more and
it's happened on several ocassions with many folks at the AGA that I've
meet over the years off the web and at local club meetings. I sleep
better at night with that attitude and by helping others even if
misunderstandings occur. It's a sign of character and fortitude, folks
that question are good and I'd want at my side.
Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 23-01-2005, 10:29 PM

Richard, the newsletter articles are not the same as my post, they are
well supported with ref's.
These are much more review publications.

There is a Public archives section posted on the site and this will be
more user friendly to non subscribers.
The monthly articles will never be part of the public domain, they will
become, at some point, a book.

I want to help folks everywhere including the non subscribers should
they chose not too.
But I chose to give some away while not other things, like the DIY
external DIY CO2 reactor.
I design and make things, so I can give the older versions info away.

The cutting edge and the new, the organized, the supported, the new
areas of research are not public.
Some enjoy that, some don't think it's worth it, some like to see lots
of banners and ads, pop ups, and the like.

I have NO SPONSERS on my site.
I will not have any either. I've had some ask. I said no.

Take a look here, you'll see a sponser's links, ads, spam city.
I do not like it and don't like having to deal with
sponsers(customers), my only customers are those truly interested in
aquatic plants and marine plants, the subscribers.

Over the course of an entire year, the value is very high.
Even if you don't subscribe, you still get utility out of it from the
freebies.

Have you ever had a cup full of thawed brine and thought it was your
tea and then taken a big swig?
I ate some Tetra min once in a similar case.......not a large can
though:-)
Honestly, the Tetra min tasted better than the brine.
Not sure the fish would agree.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 25-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Richard Sexton

Honestly, the Tetra min tasted better than the brine.

Of course it does. ANYTHING does. Ever spit out a blackworm?

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org