Old 31-01-2005, 05:02 PM
spiral_72

Default 160WATTS OF PLANT GROWIN' LIGHT BABY!

Ah, YEA! I finished my aquarium hood this weekend! (actually it's not
finished, but close)

I had two 15W floroescent tubes for my 55g....... I build a aquarium
hood and installed a Workhorse 7 electronic ballast and four 48" - 40W
tubes..... 160WATTS WOOHOO!

Actually the tubes I am using, I stole out of my shop lights.... Less
than ideal I know..... all in due time though.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Happy'Cam'per

Do0d, in the famous words of George Booth "the only reason you need that
much light is if you are growing banned botanicals at the base of your
tank". I would recommend that lighting setup for a seasoned gardener but for
a beginner this is going to be an extremely "tight" setup. You better make
sure you have ample co2 and dose ferts liberally. IME you will do MUCH
better at half that amount of light and it gives you room to roam too. One
slip and your beautiful planted tank will end up being an algae plantation.
Get your routine sorted first b4 blasting all that light. It will do your
electric bills good too! I'm not saying it can't be done all I'm saying is
that you're weaving yourself into a very tight spot.

Regards
Cameron
--
"In the beginning, God said the four-dimensional divergence of an
antisymmetric,

"spiral_72" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ah, YEA! I finished my aquarium hood this weekend! (actually it's not
finished, but close)

I had two 15W floroescent tubes for my 55g....... I build a aquarium
hood and installed a Workhorse 7 electronic ballast and four 48" - 40W
tubes..... 160WATTS WOOHOO!

Actually the tubes I am using, I stole out of my shop lights.... Less
than ideal I know..... all in due time though.

Outside light question. Dont flame me the light will be in the garden :-) [email protected] United Kingdom 8 09-04-2011 04:56 PM
Full spectrum Light,Grow Light etc Oliver Norris United Kingdom 11 09-04-2011 04:55 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
growin grass CARLO United Kingdom 3 22-05-2003 05:44 PM
Low Light Success...with Mod. Light plants Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 28-03-2003 08:21 PM