GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What happened to the homemade CO2 bomb? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/89685-what-happened-homemade-co2-bomb.html)

Dan White 11-02-2005 04:05 AM

What happened to the homemade CO2 bomb?

Was it spiral who was making a dry ice cylinder? I forget his handle but
the saga is more interesting than who will get voted off the Apprentice!

dwhite

Happy'Cam'per 11-02-2005 01:11 PM

Yes it was, see above your post for the full saga. :)

--
"In the beginning, God said the four-dimensional divergence of an
antisymmetric,

spiral_72 11-02-2005 02:19 PM

And it SHALL RETURN! Da Bomb suffered an opererator error to say the
least. Actually I am going to try to work on it today over lunch.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f6efcea693a9a7

Read the post. At least I know it works. The dry ice generates more
volume than I figured (although I never calculated that one). One thing
that does concern me is there seems to be somewhat of a water "core" to
the dry ice. I'm not sure if that is just a low quality ice or what.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html

Robert Flory 12-02-2005 03:37 AM

Have you tired pelleted dry ice. Costs more but easier to pour though a
small hole.

Bob
Who uses it to inert fuel tanks before yanking them out of the ground.
ups.com...