Old 16-03-2005, 01:36 PM
spiral_72

Yup, I've got the KNO3. Been dosing to keep nitrates at 10ppm

Oh, yea. A phosphate test showed levels off the scale immediately after
the 50% water change. I don't understand that. I can only assume the
test is accurate. It reads 0-0.25ppm for my tap water.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html
Old 17-03-2005, 04:04 PM
spiral_72

I run almost a 50% water change last night. I added a little KNO3 to
keep the nitrates up to 10ppm. I am going to dose fertilizer tonight.
(it got tool late last night). Still pumping CO2. pH dropped to 7.1

Old 17-03-2005, 07:09 PM

Just make sure you add plenty of KNO3 and KH2PO4.

Keep up on it and keep things clean and you'll be alright.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 17-03-2005, 08:16 PM
spiral_72

No BGA as of last night. pH=7.1 NO3=10ppm PO4=off the scale

I changed about 30% water while vacuuming, and installed a phosphate
sponge I just bought. The vacuum really didn't pull much out of the
gravel. The phosphate spong is supposed to remove 20mg/L in 30gallons
of water. According to my calculations that'd be 10.9mg/L assuming I
have 55gallons of water in my 55 gallon aquarium (which I probably
don't). The directions say "if the phosphate levels ain't 0.02mg/L or
less after 4 days, change the sponge for a fresh one"

I must say I have learned much during this experience. Thanks Tom.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html

blue green algae and black hair algae problem? simeseninjafish Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-05-2004 02:08 PM
Algae Algae Algae -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 16 23-08-2003 09:32 AM
Hydrogen Peroxide: blue-green algae chemotherapy (long) Jeffrey Girard Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 06-08-2003 07:22 AM
Blue Green Algae Chris Tondreau Ponds 2 11-06-2003 06:23 PM
Maracyn (erythromycin) and Blue-Green Algae Robin Pereira Freshwater Aquaria Plants 15 20-04-2003 06:13 AM