Old 16-02-2005, 03:15 AM
John >

Default Looking for plants in WI

I am looking for a good supply of plants in Central Wisconsin. The local
LFS in infested badly with snails, and who knows what. So many the plants
look brown. And the variety is limited to one type.

In a nearby city, the chain Pet Stores don't have a clue what they have, and
neither do I. There is one good LFS in that town, but over 1 hour away &
expensive. Charged me $10 for a small Java Fern.

I would even drive a ways if someone had plants to share.
JOhn

Old 16-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Richard Sexton

In article , John wrote:
I am looking for a good supply of plants in Central Wisconsin. The local
LFS in infested badly with snails, and who knows what. So many the plants
look brown. And the variety is limited to one type.

In a nearby city, the chain Pet Stores don't have a clue what they have, and
neither do I. There is one good LFS in that town, but over 1 hour away &
expensive. Charged me $10 for a small Java Fern.

I would even drive a ways if someone had plants to share.

By the time you pay for gas you may as well have mail
ordered them. Lucky you therre's no border between you
and these places:

http://aquaria.net/plants/sources/us/

So you're merely a heat pack away from more plants than
any store eevr had.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org
Old 16-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Dick

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 04:00:02 GMT, (Richard Sexton)
wrote:

In article , John wrote:
I am looking for a good supply of plants in Central Wisconsin. The local
LFS in infested badly with snails, and who knows what. So many the plants
look brown. And the variety is limited to one type.

In a nearby city, the chain Pet Stores don't have a clue what they have, and
neither do I. There is one good LFS in that town, but over 1 hour away &
expensive. Charged me $10 for a small Java Fern.

I would even drive a ways if someone had plants to share.

By the time you pay for gas you may as well have mail
ordered them. Lucky you therre's no border between you
and these places:

http://aquaria.net/plants/sources/us/

So you're merely a heat pack away from more plants than
any store eevr had.

Hi Richard, I live in a small town and the closest LFS is 200 miles.
I buy all my aquaria needs via the internet. I am very satisfied. If
your watts to gallons ratio is 1.5 or less as most commercial tank
lighting is, you can get a wider selection. Some web sites offer
assorted packages by tank size and lighting.

dick
Old 24-02-2005, 01:03 AM
rroberts

try Animart in Baraboo or Madison or order from Drs Foster & Smith out of
northern Wisconsin. I have used both with good results

http://www.liveaquaria.com/