GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   driftwood question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/90779-driftwood-question.html)

DNT 10-03-2005 08:32 PM

driftwood question

I have a piece of Malaysian driftwood that I want to put in my aquarium. The
sender suggests soaking it for 2 weeks. A book I have suggests boiling it.
My question is this: I've boiled the wood for 20 minutes and am prepared to
let it sit for 2 weeks, but do I change the water or just let it sit in the
cooled, boiled water? TIA
Denise

Ozdude 11-03-2005 02:10 AM

"DNT" wrote in message
I have a piece of Malaysian driftwood that I want to put in my aquarium.
The sender suggests soaking it for 2 weeks. A book I have suggests boiling
it. My question is this: I've boiled the wood for 20 minutes and am
prepared to let it sit for 2 weeks, but do I change the water or just let
it sit in the cooled, boiled water? TIA

Change the water in the container every 4 days or so.

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith

Margolis 11-03-2005 01:54 PM

If you are going to soak it in a bucket, change the water every day. And
put an airstone in to circulate the water so it doesn't get any dead spots.

But I would just rinse it off and give it the once over with a potato brush
and then put it in the tank. No need to soak it.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm