Old 15-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Richard Sexton

In article ,
Elaine T wrote:
Richard Sexton wrote:
I was just cruising Untergasser and saw that Oodinium can grow inside a
fish's intestine. They only rely partly on photosynthesis so a blackout

But do they reproduce there? WOuldn't the get expelled and become
free-swimming (then die).

Good point. Have you gotten a full cure with a tank blackout only?
I've never had the misfortune of battling velvet at home (knock wood).
In store tanks were we used formalin/malachite since blackout wasn't
possible in the racks.

I may have tried it but I don't remember. It's too eaisly killed
to worry about really. I rememebr having to battle is 3 times
on about 30 years. Twice on killies - both
Nothobranchiuos (of course) and once now on bettas.
633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org

Cans of "stump remover" Winter Lawns 3 24-11-2004 02:53 PM
Recommendation for chlorine/chloramine remover? Harry Muscle Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 09-01-2004 01:49 AM
What does a phosphate remover actually do? Bruce Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 12-11-2003 12:22 AM
Spetracide Stump Remover-- pure K2NO3? BruceKGeist Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:10 AM
Low Light Success...with Mod. Light plants Rich Conley Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 28-03-2003 08:21 PM