GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/90952-milwaukee-ma957-co2-regulator.html)

Jake 15-03-2005 05:11 AM

Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator

I have the Milwaukee Regulator and the SMS122 Controller.
All works exceptionally well. The only problem I have is sourcing
the plastic/nylon washer/o ring that is between the cylinder and the
regulator.
Does it have to be the plastic type? I can find fibre and rubber ones of the
same
size but I am unsure if they would be ok with CO2.

Thanks.

steve 15-03-2005 09:52 PM

Jake wrote:
I have the Milwaukee Regulator and the SMS122 Controller.
All works exceptionally well. The only problem I have is sourcing
the plastic/nylon washer/o ring that is between the cylinder and the
regulator.
Does it have to be the plastic type? I can find fibre and rubber ones

of the
same
size but I am unsure if they would be ok with CO2.

Thanks.

Hi Jake, I had the option to use the plastic/nylon washer that came
with the regulator and the fiber washer that came with the tank. I
opted for the fiber washer so I could save the plastic ones. The
washer compressed at first, forming a tight seal. Then, a week later,
I got a call from my son, saying the tank was hissing. Yup, the fiber
washer had relaxed even a bit more, causing a leak. I tightened it
down again. Got a call later that week. I replaced it with the
plastic one. No leaks. I'm done experimenting.

steve