GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help ID algae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/90953-help-id-algae.html)

Matt 15-03-2005 06:38 AM

Help ID algae

I have some algae that just started growing on my driftwood and it's spreading, can someone tell what kind of algae this is and if there are any fish I can get that will eat it or how to get rid of it.

Photo's
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...7e.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...91.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks

Richard Sexton 15-03-2005 07:29 AM

In article XpvZd.3277$ed6.2904@trndny06, Matt wrote:
-=-=-=-=-=-

I have some algae that just started growing on my driftwood and it's spreading, can
someone tell what kind of algae this is and if there are any fish I can get that will
eat it or how to get rid of it.

Photo's
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...7e.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...91.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matthe...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Black brush algae of "BBA". PRetty easily cured, look at the articles
about it on thekrib.com.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org