Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 AM
DaveSurfer

Default How does watts per gallon compare with CF lighting?

Does anyone have a chart or a comparison from standard fluorescent watts per
gallon to compact fluorescents? I'm looking at lighting a 30 gallon tank
with 2 x 55W CF from AH Supply. I think that might be a bit over kill being
3.7WPG. There are also 2 x 36W.

Thanks!!

Dave.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 AM
DaveSurfer

Also looking at just a single 1X65W CF unit at BigAls
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/p...5&pcid 1=1843
???

Old 04-04-2005, 02:19 AM
DaveSurfer

sorry for all the posts!!

Just wondering, with only one bulb covering a 21.5 X 13.75' surface...would
that cover enough surface area? I've made a canopy a while back with two
bulbs centered in the aquarium and the plants would all bend towards it.
Right now I have made a canopy that uses three fluorescents evenly spaced
across the aquarium surface and it gives a nice balance.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Margolis

just figure flourescent as flourescent. It just doesn't really matter what
type

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Old 05-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Shagster

I bought a 96 Watt "bright kit" from them for my 30 gallon... It's PLENTY
bright. Just be sure to stick with a 6700k bulb and your plants will be
growing out of the tank and no time!