Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Nikki Casali

Default A plant below the substrate

This plant seems oblivious to the fact that it is growing BELOW the
substrate. Freaky!!

http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00011.JPG
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00012.JPG

Nikki

Old 05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
R. Santink

I get this quite frequently.. especially with Vals... They obviously get
enough light through the glass to keep growing underneath...

I never see it happen with pinnate leafed plants, though..

RAS

Old 05-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Nikki Casali

It's amazing the plant is not starved of O2 and CO2.

Nikki

Nikki Casali wrote:

This plant seems oblivious to the fact that it is growing BELOW the
substrate. Freaky!!

http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00011.JPG
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00012.JPG

Nikki

News==----
Newsgroups

Old 05-04-2005, 10:05 PM
spiral_72

Wow, that's a lot of substrate!

Old 06-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Nikki Casali

spiral_72 wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of substrate!

Only on the back and sides. Still not enough for one of my huge swords
though. In the front centre there's barely a couple of inches.

Nikki