Old 17-06-2005, 09:08 PM
doug

Default small planted tank

I like to set up a 2 &1/2 gal planted tank.
Probably use Excel instead of CO2.
What would be a good way to circulate or filter
the water in such a small set-up?

Doug

Old 17-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Elaine T

doug wrote:
I like to set up a 2 &1/2 gal planted tank.
Probably use Excel instead of CO2.
What would be a good way to circulate or filter
the water in such a small set-up?

Doug

I have an air-driven sponge filter in my 2 gallon planted tank. I'm
using Flourite, Excel and PMDD under 14 watts of light and getting great
results. The other thing you can use is an Azoo palm filter or a Red
Sea nano filter, but they made too much current for the betta I had
living in the tank.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 18-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Daniel Morrow

"doug" wrote in message
I like to set up a 2 &1/2 gal planted tank.
Probably use Excel instead of CO2.
What would be a good way to circulate or filter
the water in such a small set-up?

Doug

If you want to go high tech you could use an elite mini submersible filter,
it filters at 58 gallons er hour and has dimensions of 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" x 1
3/4" . Like elaine I like air driven sponge filters too but only if I can
get them to cycle (good bacteria), I tried cycling the jungle sponge filter
rated for a bigger than 15 gallon tank like I had and never got it to cycle
unless my problem was (like it is sort of right now) a ph crash or something
like that, so in the future I will consider a good quality sponge filter if
the opportunity arises. Anyone have any ideas/experiences with air driven
sponge filters and would like t share with the rest of us? Cool, Later!

Old 18-06-2005, 02:07 PM
K. E. Loyd

Doug,

If you do not already have the tank, I recommend the smallest Marineland
system, the "Eclipse Explorer". No other filter can be rigged for a system
that small or is as aesthetically desirable.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/... 1=2253;pcid2=