GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Algone - anyone using it? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/9650-algone-anyone-using.html)

Bob Alston 07-03-2003 12:34 AM

Algone - anyone using it?

Anyone using this stuff called Algone. See these links:

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/ALGONE.html

http://www.algone.com/

?????

Bob

Daryn 07-03-2003 06:32 AM

Algone - anyone using it?

I've used Algone and I wasn't very impressed with it. It didn't seem to
make much difference at all. I hate to say it but I had better results
using...everything else, seriously. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend
it.
My problem had been green and white water and serious algae growth;
applied some Siamese algae eaters, a pl*co, activated carbon, anti-ammonia
chips, a little salt, killed the light, daily water-changes, and stopped
overfeeding. All was well after about three days.

. ..