Old 27-06-2005, 08:40 PM
John van der Pflum

Default Eclipse System 6 Bulb Alternative

Is there any place where I can get a bulb for my Eclipse System 6 that
is stronger than the 8W that the kit comes with? It's just not bright
enough for my plants.........

Thanks!
--

jvdp
http://www.rsgcincinnati.com
Old 28-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Cichlidiot

John van der Pflum wrote:
Is there any place where I can get a bulb for my Eclipse System 6 that
is stronger than the 8W that the kit comes with? It's just not bright
enough for my plants.........

At one time, I retrofitted an AH Supply (ahsupply.com) 13W CF fixture into
the Eclipse 6 hood along with the supplied 8W. I mounted the ballast on
the back of the hood and the bulb in the flap that normally opens to feed.
I also had the default filter removed as it was too fast for the betta, so
I don't know if this would work with the default filter installed. You
also need to come up with a way to protect the bulb from splashes. I used
a sheet of lighting diffuser. Try searching nano-reef forums for other
ways to retrofit the Eclipse 6. That's where I got my idea. Unfortunately
I have no pictures of my setup as I didn't properly sterilize the plants
and got brush algae and had to tear down the tank. I now use it as
quarentine for my incoming Amano shrimp.