GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellowing dying poppy, hyacinth, duck weed :( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/96840-yellowing-dying-poppy-hyacinth-duck-weed.html)

Dustin Holmes 03-07-2005 03:07 PM

Yellowing dying poppy, hyacinth, duck weed :(

I've got a water poppy and the leaves are yellowing and dying off. Same
for my duck weed if you can believe it! They're in a small metal
container, maybe 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet. There's also a water hyacynth
(yellowing), a fish and a snail. Same thing happened last year. Any help
please?

Thank you!

Ross Vandegrift 03-07-2005 04:29 PM

On 2005-07-03, Dustin Holmes wrote:
I've got a water poppy and the leaves are yellowing and dying off. Same
for my duck weed if you can believe it! They're in a small metal
container, maybe 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet. There's also a water hyacynth
(yellowing), a fish and a snail. Same thing happened last year. Any help
please?

Whenever I see any of my plants go yellow, it usually tells me that
there's not enough iron in the water. I dose PMDD with some iron daily,
but it's generally not enough to keep the levels up for good. So, keep
a seperate bottle of iron nutrients on hand to add!

--
Ross Vandegrift

man in the bonds of Hell."

[email protected] 03-07-2005 04:36 PM

Add a general fert like Miracle Grow etc about once every week or two.
You can spray it on the plant itself in diluted concentration(see label
instructions).

If you add too much and there is not much plant coverage or biomass,
you can get green water or you may hurt the fish if you over dose the
NH4.

I would think 1/4 teaspoon of the fert would do fine.

Regards,
Tom Barr