Old 10-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Lilly Bulbs

I recently bought some lilly bulbs that I'm planning to put in my
aquarium, which I haven't started yet. The package says it contains
Nymphaea Lilly bulbs (red or green).

I'd like your opinion/experience whether these plants are a good
idea or not.

I know very little about aquariums or aquarium plants, so I'm taking
it slowly.

Thanks in advance.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old 10-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Elaine T

Suzie-Q wrote:
I recently bought some lilly bulbs that I'm planning to put in my
aquarium, which I haven't started yet. The package says it contains
Nymphaea Lilly bulbs (red or green).

I'd like your opinion/experience whether these plants are a good
idea or not.

I know very little about aquariums or aquarium plants, so I'm taking
it slowly.

Thanks in advance.

I have one of those growing - I got the package at Wal-Mart. It started
with leaves just above the bulb and is putting out surface leaves now,
much like a regular lily. It's an attractive plant. The only thing
that would be a problem is if the surface leaves block the light to your
other plants. I understand that they can eventually bloom if there is
enough air space above the water.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__
Old 13-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Paul A. Ergh

I have several of these as well that I grew from Wal-Mart bulbs. I just
trim off the leaves ( at the base of the stem ) before it reaches the
surface. A very pretty plant and easy to care for if you don't mind the
trimming or large leaves at the surface.

"Elaine T" wrote in message
.. .