Old 16-07-2005, 06:05 PM
John H.

Default Eheim thermofilter

I think I broke the temperature control for my Eheim professional II
thermofilter... the control fell in a bucket of water and I didnt discover
it untill a couple of hrs later. The LCD display is blank. I let it dry out
but still no display, the pump is working fine.
I guess I'm looking for any suggestions

Old 16-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Daniel Morrow

"John H." wrote in message
I think I broke the temperature control for my Eheim professional II
thermofilter... the control fell in a bucket of water and I didnt discover
it untill a couple of hrs later. The LCD display is blank. I let it dry

out
but still no display, the pump is working fine.
I guess I'm looking for any suggestions

If you can let it dry out for 2 weeks without ever using it. I accidentally
spilled a ton of water onto my xbox video game console once and it wasn't on
and I never turned it on until over 2 weeks later and it works just fine,
absolutely no problems from the water. I even took it apart much later and
the innards looked just fine except for a very light dusting of rust on the
metal surfaces almost unnoticeable. If you use the eheim thermofilter while
there is water in/on it there is a possibility that the water (water is
conductive) will channel electrical current to other areas of the circuit
and will act as a short or shunt and those other areas might not be prepared
for the extra current and damage could occur. Good luck and later!