Old 27-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Steve

Rocco Moretti wrote:
Justin wrote:

Thanks for that Rocco. :-)

One more question then if i could... You say that Muriate of Potash
is safe which I may buy as it comes in 2kg bags as opposed to 25kg
bags... What about Sulfate of Potash, would that be better as it's
formula is K2SO4, which is exactly as it should be... Is that right?

Muriate of Potash = KCl
Sulfate of Potash = K2SO4

Muriatic Acid = HCl
Sulfuric Acid = H2SO4
Potash = K2CO3
Acid + Carbonate = Salt + CO2

Either works to add K to your tank. The sulfate will also add sulfur
too, which may be a benefit.

Hi,
Is potassium nitrate still used? I thought it was an ingredient in "poor
man's daily dosing drops".
Steve
Old 27-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Rocco Moretti

Steve wrote:

Hi,
Is potassium nitrate still used? I thought it was an ingredient in "poor
man's daily dosing drops".
Steve

Yup, you can either get it at a local garden store, from
www.gregwatson.com, or sometimes as stump remover (check the label).

KNO3 ("Nitrate of potash" or "saltpeter") adds both potassium and
bio-availible Nitrogen (as nitrate).
Old 29-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Jake

Quote: "but there is only one place in Australia that
sells the seachem products and they are out of Seachem K at the moment and"

Justin, there are lots of places in Australia that stock Seachem. I get mine
from Aquaria Australia Warehouse http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/ but a
lot of my LFS stock it, especially the larger shops.

Old 30-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Justin

I normally get mine from aquaria Aust as well, but this time they were out
of potassium, last time they were out of both nitrogen and phosphourous...
I live in Victoria and i go to about 5 different aquariums and none of them
have the product... Nor are looking at stocking it unfortunately...

They either stock dupla, which i sometimes use or the generic ones.

Old 17-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Grae

Hi
try aquatic life aquariums