Old 08-03-2003, 04:22 PM
willis stanley

Default clippard needle valve

Just got a clippard MNV-4k needle valve for a co2 setup and it came w/o
any operating/assembly instructions. Trying to attach to tap-rite
regulator. Clippard website is no help. Any clue where little o ring
goes? Does hose nipple attach to 1/8" outlet at right angle to to valve
knob? Any help for co2 rookie greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Bob Alston

Hopefully it has a 1/8" NPT male threads on the bottom (brass threads). To
connect directly to the regulator you need an adaptor that is 1/8" NPT
(National Pipe Thread) - Female and 1/4" NPT Male. You will need to wrap
pipe thread tape for gas usage on both sets of threads. At right anglel
hopefully is what is called a "hose barb" to which you slip on your plastic
air tubing.

What I said above is what I had to do for the clippard valve I got from
Florida Driftwood.

Bob

P.S. If you take it to a fire extinguisher repair place, who will fill your
own tank with CO2, and talk nice, you might get the man to provide the
adapter, tape everything and put it together for you. That's what I did.
N/C for the adaptor and the technical assistance!!

Old 09-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Bob Alston

Clippard web site is: http://www.clippard.com/

I got a very fast, complete response to a question I asked them.

Bob