GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maracyn in UK (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/98906-maracyn-uk.html)

gf225 23-07-2005 04:22 PM

Maracyn in UK

Is Maracyn available in the UK - I assume vets may stock it?

Just in case BGA rears its ugly head. I may be paranoid but I think I can see a little creeping up from the bottom of my substrate, visible from the front glass. I've heard that Maracyn is great at treating it, I thought of crushing a couple of tablets and actually pushing the bits into the substrate.

gf225 23-07-2005 04:27 PM

It's ok, found somewhere. If anyone is interested - http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/gen...thromycin.html

Elaine T 28-07-2005 09:51 PM

gf225 wrote:
Is Maracyn available in the UK - I assume vets may stock it?

Just in case BGA rears its ugly head. I may be paranoid but I think I
can see a little creeping up from the bottom of my substrate, visible
from the front glass. I've heard that Maracyn is great at treating it,
I thought of crushing a couple of tablets and actually pushing the bits
into the substrate.

Maracyn One (erythromycin) is also great at killing off nitrifying
bacteria, especially when left in the tank for long periods of time.
I'd suggest you control BGA by balancing fertilizers better. It tends
to grow in tanks that are low on nitrate.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Dogma Discharge 29-07-2005 12:12 PM

"Elaine T" wrote in message news:ezbGe.7801$_%

It tends
to grow in tanks that are low on nitrate.

Blackouts work the best for Cyano.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

Elaine T 29-07-2005 07:20 PM

Dogma Discharge wrote:
"Elaine T" wrote in message news:ezbGe.7801$_%

It tends

to grow in tanks that are low on nitrate.

Blackouts work the best for Cyano.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

How do you keep from damaging your plants during the blackouts? Also, a
blackout doesn't keep it from regrowing given the same tank conditions.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__