Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM
James

Default Spectrum of light

Will be upgrading my lights/fixture in the next month or so.
Currently I have four JBJ fixtures with 2 PC 96watt 10K bulbs
in each fixture. It looks nice but I recently purchased one
fixture that can replace the four that currently sit on top of the
180Gallon tank. The tank is 7' by 24" by 24".

I am thinking the larger light fixture from Giesmann with 3x250Watt MH
double ended sockets and 2x58watt Fluorescent bulbs would provide
a better light source and look better hanging above the open tank.

I wanted some opinions on what Kelvin do you think would look best. I
was going to just put 10K bulbs in the MH sockets and not sure of the
florescent.

But, thought there must be some people out there with some experience
in lighting a plant tank with a few tetras in it..

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I can send a picture
of what it look light now, if you would like to see it. Then send
another one after the fixture gets installed.

James
Old 09-03-2003, 11:35 PM
kush

The way I learned it, plants do best in the range between about 5300k and
6800k. In my opinion, your fish may look a little "yellow" at the lower
end of that range.