Old 09-03-2003, 11:46 PM
J Roos

Default DIY recipe for Nutrafin system

Rather than going the trouble of experimenting, I thought I would ask.
Does anyone have a good DIY CO2 recipe for the nutrafin system?
I like the size of the reactor, but I do not wish to use their expensive
prepackaged material.
I am running it on a 26 gallon tank.
Thanks for any advice.
Joel

Old 10-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Eric Schreiber

"J Roos" wrote:

Rather than going the trouble of experimenting, I thought I would ask.
Does anyone have a good DIY CO2 recipe for the nutrafin system?
I like the size of the reactor, but I do not wish to use their expensive
prepackaged material.

Same as the recipes for any DIY CO2 system. I'm currently using two
staggered 2-liter bottles with 1.5 cups sugar, 1 tsp yeast, and one
liter of water.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 10-03-2003, 08:13 AM
jau

i believe what he's looking for is the recipe's relative proportions.
the nutrifin canister is far from the size of a 2-liter bottle...
Old 11-03-2003, 01:56 AM
J Roos

Thank you.
Does anyone use baking soda, and if so, why?

"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
(jau) wrote:

i believe what he's looking for is the recipe's relative proportions.
the nutrifin canister is far from the size of a 2-liter bottle...

Ah.

Easy enough. Measure the canister, calculate the approximate volume,
and adjust the DIY recipe appropriately.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 11-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Robert Flory

Baking soda pushes up the pH, seems to slow down the yeast grown at the
start. I don't think it has much of a long term effect.
bob