Old 26-11-2006, 09:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default November 26 - Orange Wire_4519.jpg

I use electric outdoor power tools, but with over 3-acres of property,
I need a lot of extension cord to reach the far corners. What I ended
up doing was getting a rolling reel intended for water hoses, but it
works great with electric cord too. I think I have 400 feet on there,
plus another 100 that I attach between the tool and the reel.

Here is my attempt to be artsy about it.

JD

Attached Thumbnails
November 26  - Orange Wire_4519.jpg-orange-wire_4519.jpg
Old 26-11-2006, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

What I ended up doing was getting a rolling reel intended for water
hoses, but it works great with electric cord too.

Amazing what great consumer ideas I find in a photography group!
Old 26-11-2006, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I can tell you that the "trick" with this was coming up with a way to
deal with the end of the power cord on the reel. It has to spin around
with the rest of it of course, or it will tie itself in knots. What I
did there was wire-tie the end to a spoke of the reel so that it would
spin around, but positioned on the outside of the spoke so that it
wouldn't get caught and swallowed up as I cranked the cord back in.
I've been using this setup for years now, and it works great.

Old 26-11-2006, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. schreef in bericht
:
: Here is my attempt to be artsy about it.
:
: JD

I like it a lot!

max
:
:

Old 27-11-2006, 02:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote:

I use electric outdoor power tools, but with over 3-acres of property,
I need a lot of extension cord to reach the far corners. What I ended
up doing was getting a rolling reel intended for water hoses, but it
works great with electric cord too. I think I have 400 feet on there,
plus another 100 that I attach between the tool and the reel.

Here is my attempt to be artsy about it.

I like it. I wonder what you could do by getting closer....

Old 27-11-2006, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

John - Pa. wrote in message
I use electric outdoor power tools, but with over 3-acres of property,
I need a lot of extension cord to reach the far corners. What I ended
up doing was getting a rolling reel intended for water hoses, but it
works great with electric cord too. I think I have 400 feet on there,
plus another 100 that I attach between the tool and the reel.

Here is my attempt to be artsy about it.

JD

Gee, the cord is still clean! Nice clear shot. But you did better
and cheaper by using a hose reel rather than the more expensive electric
wire reels with rotating contacts. It's sure a lot easier and neater
than coiling the cable down by hand
McG.

Old 29-11-2006, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I use electric outdoor power tools, but with over 3-acres of property,
I need a lot of extension cord to reach the far corners. What I ended
up doing was getting a rolling reel intended for water hoses, but it
works great with electric cord too. I think I have 400 feet on there,
plus another 100 that I attach between the tool and the reel.

Here is my attempt to be artsy about it.

JD

I like the picture a lot. Much more than I like the thought of a lot
of yard work.

eldritch