GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hummingbird licking branch (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/152958-hummingbird-licking-branch.html)

Padraig 27-11-2006 06:06 PM

Hummingbird licking branch

1 Attachment(s)

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Padraig 27-11-2006 06:12 PM

Hummingbird licking branch

"Padraig" wrote in message

I don't know how much nutritional value she's getting by licking this tree
branch but due to its metabolism a hummer has to eat a third of its body
weight daily. Anna's hummers subsist on nectar but they eat a lot of bugs &
spiders too for protein.

Pat

Padraig 27-11-2006 06:14 PM

"Padraig" wrote in message

I don't know how much nutritional value she's getting by licking this tree

Hmmm. Upon closer inspection "she" is a "he".

D'oh!

Pat

Omelet 27-11-2006 06:59 PM

Hummingbird licking branch

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

Cute! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

McG. 27-11-2006 08:30 PM

Hummingbird licking branch

"Padraig" wrote in message

Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Great shot Pat. I had no idea they'd even do that.
McG.

Brenda 27-11-2006 11:44 PM

Hummingbird licking branch

"Padraig" wrote in message

Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

You take such amazing photos of these little birds.
May I ask what type of camera you're using? I admit to being envious of your
abilities.

Padraig 28-11-2006 03:00 AM

"Brenda" wrote in message

You take such amazing photos of these little birds.
May I ask what type of camera you're using? I admit to being envious of
your abilities.

Thank you Brenda. It's a Nikon D70.

Pat

Bill Ko 05-12-2006 04:33 AM

"Padraig" wrote:
--
Paddy's pig

To reply it's bell not bull

[ Hummingbird licking branch.jpg ] (Attachment)

Odd, but nice capture!

Bill