Old 01-12-2006, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Decorative cabbage

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Attached Thumbnails
Decorative cabbage-decorative-cabbage.jpg
Old 01-12-2006, 05:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Padraig" wrote in message

I'm sorry this turned out to be 660KB. Just too many picture elements. I
don't like these cabbages myself but posted it anyway because somebody out
there might.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Old 01-12-2006, 06:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

--

shalom and salaam,
rosie

"Padraig" wrote in message
news

Old 01-12-2006, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message

while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

It is an ornamental cabbage or kale. Usually available in the fall at
most garden centers and even some super markets.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 02-12-2006, 12:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Padraig" wrote in message
news
"Padraig" wrote in message

I'm sorry this turned out to be 660KB. Just too many picture elements. I
don't like these cabbages myself but posted it anyway because somebody out
there might.

I don't like the look of them usually but this one was almost perfect.

I like eating them ...

Mary

Old 02-12-2006, 12:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

I've seen them growing wild on top of a cliff on the Isle of Arran - off the
west coast of Scotland.

Mary

Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In message gV%bh.25$QC.20@trnddc02, Travis M.
writes
"readandpostrosie" wrote in message

while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

It is an ornamental cabbage or kale. Usually available in the fall at
most garden centers and even some super markets.

Sure.

And they all grow to look like the one in the picture, because they're
immune to all the 1013 diseases and 616 pests that prevent normal
cabbages looking at all ornamental.

--
Sue ];(
Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

I've seen them growing wild on top of a cliff on the Isle of Arran - off the
west coast of Scotland.

Some joker must've planted them, you'd expect ornamental sea kail in a
place like that. But at least the pests would be blown away.

--
Sue ];(
Old 04-12-2006, 12:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"MadCow" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
while your here, can i ask?
is there a trick to growing those cabbages?
they are gorgeous!
i'm in wisconsin.

I've seen them growing wild on top of a cliff on the Isle of Arran - off
the
west coast of Scotland.

Some joker must've planted them, you'd expect ornamental sea kail in a
place like that. But at least the pests would be blown away.

I suspect that there had been a garden up there at some time. We found them
while exploring the castle ruins.

Mary