GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   African daisy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/152974-african-daisy.html)

Padraig 02-12-2006 07:07 PM

African daisy

1 Attachment(s)
Not really very pretty - I know - but this was taken on November 30th!
There's not much color blooming around here right now so I take what I can
get.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

billn 02-12-2006 07:31 PM

African daisy

Padraig wrote:
Not really very pretty - I know - but this was taken on November 30th!
There's not much color blooming around here right now so I take what
I can get.

Still very nice. I still had alyssum blooming in the garden until yesterday
when the snow came.
--
bill n

Mary Fisher 02-12-2006 08:26 PM

African daisy

"Padraig" wrote in message
Not really very pretty - I know - but this was taken on November 30th!
There's not much color blooming around here right now so I take what I can
get.

I went out this morning (felt energetic for the first day in weeks but it's
been a difficult time) and saw delphinium blossom, bluebells sprouting,
calendula flowering its heart out and globe thistles (echinops) doing the
same.

Delphinium???

Mary

joevan 02-12-2006 11:33 PM

African daisy - DSC_0032e.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:07:18 -0800, "Padraig"
wrote:

Not really very pretty - I know - but this was taken on November 30th!
There's not much color blooming around here right now so I take what I can
get.

We still have red roses and pink roses in bloom in my neighborhood
here in Center city Philadelphia. My miniature bush is still blooming
on my 2nd floor level deck.
The red and pink I have been picking one or two every other day for a
couple of weeks and enjoying the wonderful aromas.
A not very good shot of one taken under artificial light, just to show
how much the tiny bud opened since I picked it yesterday on the way
home from my workout at the gym.

joevan 02-12-2006 11:34 PM

African daisy - DSC_0032e.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

Mary Fisher 04-12-2006 12:11 PM

wrote:

Not really very pretty - I know - but this was taken on November 30th!
There's not much color blooming around here right now so I take what I can
get.

We still have red roses and pink roses in bloom in my neighborhood
here in Center city Philadelphia. My miniature bush is still blooming
on my 2nd floor level deck.

As has been said on this group before, there always seem to have been some
roses blooming at some part of the year. It's unusual to see the flowers I
listed in December in Yorkshire though.

Mary

Mary Fisher 04-12-2006 12:11 PM

African daisy - DSC_0032e.jpg (1/1)

"joevan" wrote in message

:-)

Perhaps I should take a picture of the delphinium!

Mary