Old 07-12-2006, 04:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Male hummingbird on perch

One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

Attached Thumbnails
Male hummingbird on perch-male-hummingbird-perch.jpg
Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Padraig wrote:
One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

That one is a real keeper!
Now if you could only clone the bright irridescent red from another
Hummer shot onto this bird, you will have a Prize Winner.
Bob Williams

Old 09-12-2006, 03:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:00:00 -0800, "Padraig"
reverently intoned upon the aether:

One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

Looks good. The background works well.

enjoy,

Sean

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

http://www.envisagement.com/
Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Sean" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:00:00 -0800, "Padraig"
reverently intoned upon the aether:

One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to
come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

One of my isp's servers has been down and I've had no posts for two days.
I'm upset that I missed one of Padraig's hummers, would it be possible for
you to mail it to me, please?

Mary

Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Padraig" wrote:
One of his favorite spots. He'll sit there waiting for another male to come
in to the yard and challenge him - then he'll chase the new guy away. If
it's a female he'll chase her for another reason.

Anna's hummingbird males have nothing to do with raising the family. The
female is on her own.

--
Paddy's pig
-----------------

To reply it's bell not bull

[ Male hummingbird on perch.jpg ] (Attachment)

Very nice - as usual, Pat!

Bill

[IMG] code is On

Nurturing Nests Lift These Birds to a Higher Perch charles Garden Photos 2 01-02-2011 10:26 AM
Young male Anna's Hummingbird hovering --- close-up Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 24-02-2009 11:10 PM
Perch for small pond Nathan Ponds 2 07-07-2004 10:02 AM
Perch Lord Fonty Ponds (alternative) 2 30-06-2004 03:10 PM
Perch and bass for a small pond Nathan Ponds 3 17-11-2003 03:42 AM