Old 18-12-2006, 10:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Rose selection

I'm fairly new to roses and was wondering if someone could suggest a
variety. I am looking for a good, "Cut Rose" that I can cut and put
in a flower vase in the dining room every so often. I really dont
like to spray for black spot as often as every week. I have a hybrid
tea variety called Chilula (they were out of the Rio Samba variety -
which is what I REALLY LIKED) that i've barely kept alive in a large
pot...Im gonna have to transplant it to a better place in my raised
bed garden. I wondered if the black spot disease could be eradicated
before I transplant it... or should I trash the plant? I thought
about cutting the plant back and spraying it with a chemical that
would kill all the spores.. even thought of a 1:10 bleach solution
on the branches... I dont know... help please... I live in Texas,
near the Dallas area.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old 19-12-2006, 05:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Tropicana is a tried & true rose. It lasts in a vase & has the most
fabulous fragrance of all my roses.
You might also look at Diana Princess of Wales a new rose.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Nevermind wrote:
I'm fairly new to roses and was wondering if someone could suggest a
variety. I am looking for a good, "Cut Rose" that I can cut and put
in a flower vase in the dining room every so often. I really dont
like to spray for black spot as often as every week. I have a hybrid
tea variety called Chilula (they were out of the Rio Samba variety -
which is what I REALLY LIKED) that i've barely kept alive in a large
pot...Im gonna have to transplant it to a better place in my raised
bed garden. I wondered if the black spot disease could be eradicated
before I transplant it... or should I trash the plant? I thought
about cutting the plant back and spraying it with a chemical that
would kill all the spores.. even thought of a 1:10 bleach solution
on the branches... I dont know... help please... I live in Texas,
near the Dallas area.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rose TropicanaDSC00609.jpg (106.1 KB, 103 views)
Old 20-12-2006, 11:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:45:53 -0800, "wendy7" wrote:

Tropicana is a tried & true rose. It lasts in a vase & has the most
fabulous fragrance of all my roses.
You might also look at Diana Princess of Wales a new rose.

A beauty.
Old 23-12-2006, 11:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In message , wendy7
writes
Tropicana is a tried & true rose. It lasts in a vase & has the most
fabulous fragrance of all my roses.
You might also look at Diana Princess of Wales a new rose.

If black spot's a problem, check the variety isn't too susceptible
before buying.
You could try removing and burning the affected leaves if there aren't
too many, but if the leaves are more black than green you'll have to
accept that you can't grow that variety.

When I was young you didn't get black spot in urban areas because of the
sulphur pollution from all the coal fires - car pollution just isn't the
same.

--
Sue ]