Old 19-12-2006, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment

I have an ornamental corn plant in my backyard which
has sprouted babies. Does anyone know what happens next?
I would like to grow as many as I can.

Attached Thumbnails
ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment-cornplantbaby.jpg
Old 22-12-2006, 10:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

Attached Thumbnails
ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment-nightbloom.jpg   ornamental corn plant ? - 1 attachment-nightbloom1.jpg
Old 23-12-2006, 02:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, "hawk"
wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 23-12-2006, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remome it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.
Old 23-12-2006, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remove it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.

Changed remome to remove.

Old 23-12-2006, 07:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

bloomed after dark. very fragrant

begin 666 nightbloom.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 nightbloom1.jpg
[Image]

end

I know what you mean about the fragrance. :-)
I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!

Once many moons ago one bloomed in the room just outside our bedroom.
I had to remove it to a far distant place so that we could sleep.
After too much of that smell it becomes sick sweet smelling. Too much
sweet is not good sometimes.

Changed remome to remove.

We knew what you meant I'm sure! lol
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 23-12-2006, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In message NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, hawk writes
bloomed after dark. very fragrant

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom.jpg) was included here. ]

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom1.jpg) was included here. ]

You're right, it isn't corn.

--
Sue ]
Old 27-12-2006, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:12:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:

I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--

I took care of the interior plants at the local hospital and these
bloomed occasionally, once I had to move one out of a waiting room

09=ix
Old 27-12-2006, 08:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:12:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:

I recognize the plant and bloom. They have one in the hospital dining
room where I work and it bloomed about 3 years ago.

The smell is divine and it scented the entire room!
--

I took care of the interior plants at the local hospital and these
bloomed occasionally, once I had to move one out of a waiting room
because the smell was too overpowering for the staff.

Amazing aren't they? :-)

I'm seriously considering trying to get one for the greenhouse.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 28-12-2006, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

MadCow expounded:

In message NNYih.43$6_.22@trnddc07, hawk writes
bloomed after dark. very fragrant

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom.jpg) was included here. ]

[ A UUEncoded file (nightbloom1.jpg) was included here. ]

You're right, it isn't corn.

Tis the problem with common names...

To the OP, that's very interesting, I've never seen one bloom.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts