GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Poinciana Flowers 3/3 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/153031-poinciana-flowers-3-3-a.html)

Marutchi 20-12-2006 01:42 PM

Poinciana Flowers 3/3

1 Attachment(s)

Padraig 20-12-2006 01:55 PM

Poinciana Flowers 3/3

"Marutchi" wrote in message

Back in the 1950's a jazz pianist named Ahmad Jamal recorded a number called
Poinciana. It is one of my all-time favorites. But until you posted the
tree and now these close-ups of the flowers I had no idea what a poinciana
looked like.

Pat

Marutchi 21-12-2006 12:01 AM

Poinciana Flowers 3/3

Padraig wrote:

Back in the 1950's a jazz pianist named Ahmad Jamal recorded a number
called Poinciana. It is one of my all-time favorites. But until you
posted the tree and now these close-ups of the flowers I had no idea
what a poinciana looked like.

There you go...I thought they were pretty well grown world wide. :-)

Mary Fisher 21-12-2006 10:06 PM

Poinciana Flowers 3/3

"Marutchi" wrote in message
Padraig wrote:

Back in the 1950's a jazz pianist named Ahmad Jamal recorded a number
called Poinciana. It is one of my all-time favorites. But until you
posted the tree and now these close-ups of the flowers I had no idea
what a poinciana looked like.

There you go...I thought they were pretty well grown world wide. :-)

I'[ve never heqard of it and as far as I know never seen anything like that!

I'm obviously deprived :-)

Mary