Old 27-12-2006, 05:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Iris

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sultan-s-palace.jpg (72.7 KB, 92 views)
Old 28-12-2006, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:58:46 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

Nice. I sharpened it a bit and enlarged it. Seemed to make it clearer,
maybe just my old eyes.
Interesting actually amazing, color.
IRfanview is an interesting program for free. It even has an auto
color adjust.
Old 28-12-2006, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On my end it's a nice clear photo on my hard drive, the coding/decoding most
likey does things to it. I have that program for normal viewing but I use
Photoshope eleaments for detailed work.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

news

Old 28-12-2006, 03:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very nice one Starlord, seems to be enjoying the desert.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid
"Starlord" wrote in message
. ..

Old 28-12-2006, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:25:24 -0800, "wendy7" wrote:

Hi JoeVan, As you know, I use Irfanview too but cannot find the
'Auto Color Adjust' you mention. Is it a new feature or a plug in?

Unde-r image, auto adjust colors. If you have the latest version it
should be there. It is with this version 3.99.
Use it and if you don't like it just don't save it or hit the undo
arrow at the top.

Old 29-12-2006, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In message , Starlord
writes
On my end it's a nice clear photo on my hard drive, the coding/decoding most
likey does things to it. I have that program for normal viewing but I use
Photoshope eleaments for detailed work.

Don't let automatic colour adjustment near your irises, how would a
computer program know what colour a flower's supposed to be?

The colours look right to me, but I think you could take a more
flattering portrait of that flower if you can avoid sky reflections in
the velvet sheen of the falls - but it's an artistic judgement whether
reflections are good or bad in a particular place, and it's your photo.
I do like the orange glow where the underside of the style reflects the
beard colour, and echoes the orange in the haft of the standard.

A friend over there sent me the 2007 AIS calendar, so I can look at Iris
pics and imagine the scent until spring !

--
Sue ]
Old 29-12-2006, 11:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

That iris bloomed, I went out to check on it and looked to the northwest,
ran back in and grabed my camera and did what shooting I could do before the
wind/rain hit. By that night all I could do was cut the stalk and stick it
in water and watch the other buds come open. The open bloom had already been
ripped apart by the winds.

That's why I do most of my shooting no later than 10am because by noon time
we can have 40mph winds that are no good for iris blooms or taking photos.
And even then, some days it'll be dead still and guess what, not a bloom to
be had.

My PHE is not a realy new one, it was given to me and I do everything
manualy.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy