Old 02-01-2007, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Two Acre Wood (Happy New Year)

Hey All... Happy New Year!
Had some fun New Years Eve.
We also got an unexpected guest.
The rest are at the link.
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...07/newyear.htm

--
Patricia Ann Peeples

Attached Thumbnails
Two Acre Wood (Happy New Year)-card7170.jpg
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Patty Peeples" wrote in message
. ..
Hey All... Happy New Year!
Had some fun New Years Eve.
We also got an unexpected guest.
The rest are at the link.
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...07/newyear.htm

--
Patricia Ann Peeples

What is it?

Mary
in England where we don't have such exotics!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

It's a male Cardinal Grosbeak commonly referred to as just a Cardinal in the
US.
Refer to this for good info:
http://birding.about.com/gi/dynamic/...d/cardinal.htm
Just Google Cardinal Bird for lots of pics.
Gary

t...

Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
.. .
It's a male Cardinal Grosbeak commonly referred to as just a Cardinal in
the US.
Refer to this for good info:
http://birding.about.com/gi/dynamic/...d/cardinal.htm
Just Google Cardinal Bird for lots of pics.
Gary

Thanks, Gary, that's a super site!

Mary

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Patty Peeples" wrote in message
. ..
Hey All... Happy New Year!
Had some fun New Years Eve.
We also got an unexpected guest.
The rest are at the link.
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...07/newyear.htm

--
Patricia Ann Peeples

What is it?

Mary
in England where we don't have such exotics!

Hello Mary...Did you get to see all of the photos of him at the link at Two
Acre Wood?
Opossums are common here in the US
They are nocturnal (night creatures) They have babies like the Kangaroos
do. (belly pouch)
They hang upside down in trees by their tails to sleep. I haven't seen
this...I read about it.
cheers to you,
Patty Peeples

Old 03-01-2007, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
.. .
It's a male Cardinal Grosbeak commonly referred to as just a Cardinal in
the US.
Refer to this for good info:
http://birding.about.com/gi/dynamic/...d/cardinal.htm
Just Google Cardinal Bird for lots of pics.
Gary

Thanks, Gary, that's a super site!

Mary

Ohh Mary... I though you where speaking of the Opossum.. (my mistake)
Yes that is a Cardinal...(male)

Thanks for the compliment regarding the Two Acre Wood site.
Patty

Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Patty Peeples" wrote in message
.. .

Hello Mary...Did you get to see all of the photos of him at the link at
Two Acre Wood?

I did. I have had time to explore the earlier editions though - yet.

Opossums are common here in the US
They are nocturnal (night creatures) They have babies like the Kangaroos
do. (belly pouch)

Ah - a marsupial.

They hang upside down in trees by their tails to sleep.

I thought that was ring-tailed lemurs. But what do I know :-)))

When I was in Puget Sound there were nightly visits to my host's deck from
raccoons, they look a bit like opossums. They'd knock on the glass for dried
dog food - large sack was kept inside just for them. Not all my friend's
friends were happy about this, they said it encouraged the raccoons to raid
garbage.

We have similar problems with fox here :-(

Mary