GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowers in my garden! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/153877-flowers-my-garden.html)

Mary Fisher 06-02-2007 02:08 PM

Flowers in my garden!

1 Attachment(s)
Mary, Yorkshire, England

Omelet 06-02-2007 02:14 PM

Flowers in my garden!

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

Mary, Yorkshire, England

begin 666 witchazel, snowdrops, 5 Feb.jpg
[Image]

end

Very artistic. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Patty Peeples 06-02-2007 06:53 PM

Flowers in my garden!

Hello again Mary...I love your flowers! Very unusal looking (red ones)
What are they may I ask?
Thanks,
Patty Peeples

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Mary, Yorkshire, England

Mary Fisher 07-02-2007 10:38 AM

Flowers in my garden!

"Patty Peeples" wrote in message
Hello again Mary...I love your flowers! Very unusal looking (red ones)
What are they may I ask?
Thanks,
Patty Peeples

They're the very fragrant witch hazel. We made the mistake of planting it it
at the furthest end of our garden so to small it we have to go down there.
Worth it, though :-)

It's also used to treat buising.

From a gardening site:

Hamamelis, witch hazel
Hamamelis, commonly known as witch hazel, produces delicate blooms with
intoxicating scent in the depths of winter. Ribbon petals are tucked in
knobbly clusters of plump buds along naked branches in a range of citrus
shades.

Mary