Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Iris replanted

This shows what I was able to do on monday, I put what was left of the iris
in this bed into pots and whatever was eating the iris didn't touch these
last night. It's hard for me to do this, but this is about the only way I'm
going to save any iris from my garden.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Attached Thumbnails
Iris replanted-photo2-06-1011.jpg
Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

This shows what I was able to do on monday, I put what was left of the iris
in this bed into pots and whatever was eating the iris didn't touch these
last night. It's hard for me to do this, but this is about the only way I'm
going to save any iris from my garden.

Probably Moles. :-(
We had them when we lived in that general area (Lake Hughes).

Too bad your kitties (like ours) are all indoors. We had one gray tabby
female named "Patience" that was death on Moles!

Might just want to consider giant container gardens. It conserves water
anyway?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

A combo of Ground Squarrls and Jackribbits, the photo with this ones shows
the iris rhizome has been dug out by the critters from above the ground. I
did find one thing that would stop them, but have not been able to get
anymore yet, but it's something that easy to get once I'm over the car wreck
more, good old anti-frizze, the 5 iris I put it on have not been touched
since I did.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

This shows what I was able to do on monday, I put what was left of the
iris
in this bed into pots and whatever was eating the iris didn't touch these
last night. It's hard for me to do this, but this is about the only way
I'm
going to save any iris from my garden.

Probably Moles. :-(
We had them when we lived in that general area (Lake Hughes).

Too bad your kitties (like ours) are all indoors. We had one gray tabby
female named "Patience" that was death on Moles!

Might just want to consider giant container gardens. It conserves water
anyway?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson

Attached Thumbnails
Iris replanted-photo2-06-1012.jpg
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

This is where I got the anti-freeze from.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

[...]

Iris replanted-photo2-06-1001.jpg
Old 07-02-2007, 07:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

A combo of Ground Squarrls and Jackribbits, the photo with this ones shows
the iris rhizome has been dug out by the critters from above the ground. I
did find one thing that would stop them, but have not been able to get
anymore yet, but it's something that easy to get once I'm over the car wreck
more, good old anti-frizze, the 5 iris I put it on have not been touched
since I did.

Well done... :-)

If you are experiencing above ground digging, 2" chicken wire laid over
the soil then topped with mulch looks good and prevents critter digging.

I used that for Tulips one year as the bloody tree squirrels kept eating
the bulbs!

It works. 2" mesh is enough for the plants to sprout and grow thru it.

Hope this helps???
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

This is where I got the anti-freeze from.

Geez dude, don't you have an auto-parts store near you? :-)

The tree rats here finally got destructive enough for me to do something
about them. They were chewing into my greenhouses and one even damaged
my $16,000.00 siding on my house.

I hung bar bait rat poison in suet cages in the trees they frequented.

Worked like a charm.

Rat poison will work on squirrels and rabbits.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I've not been able to even get the wire, the one hardware store in rosamond
only carrys enough to make one tiny row of it and when you have 150ft of
space that's a LOT of wire. Plus right now it's a matter of finding what
there is left and putting it into pots and that is a very sore thing for me
at this time. I did get some iris plants into 6 smaller pots today. maybe
over the weekend I can get a few more done.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

auto parks place is 4 miles up 20th ST West, and right now that's a long
hard painfull walk to even think about.
Plus got to see what I'll have left in the bank by friday.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

I've not been able to even get the wire, the one hardware store in rosamond
only carrys enough to make one tiny row of it and when you have 150ft of
space that's a LOT of wire. Plus right now it's a matter of finding what
there is left and putting it into pots and that is a very sore thing for me
at this time. I did get some iris plants into 6 smaller pots today. maybe
over the weekend I can get a few more done.

In Texas, a one hour or more drive is close. ;-)
Surely there is a supplier somewhere around there?

I have to drive to Georgetown to get proper fencing supplies. That's a
good 60 miles.

Anyway, good luck!

And, condolences on your losses...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

auto parks place is 4 miles up 20th ST West, and right now that's a long
hard painfull walk to even think about.
Plus got to see what I'll have left in the bank by friday.

Ugh.

Sorry...

Did not know that you were broke and without transportation.

I think I still have your address on file.

Cheers!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

auto parks place is 4 miles up 20th ST West, and right now that's a long
hard painfull walk to even think about.
Plus got to see what I'll have left in the bank by friday.

Double checking the address...

Still at space #23?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

Heck I know OWN the trailer that's parked in that space! paid it off after 8
years of living in it.

Cool.

I'll try to get a package off in the next couple of days.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

Heck I know OWN the trailer that's parked in that space! paid it off after
8
years of living in it.

Cool.

I'll try to get a package off in the next couple of days.

Ps, I am SO not going to ask WTF happened to your car. ;-/
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.