Old 14-03-2007, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Two Acre Wood (Florida Everglades)

Two Acre Wood
New Edition for this week
"Everglades and the Atlantic Ocean"
(Go directly to new edition page for all photos)
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...everglades.htm
Two Acre Wood on Vacation
It was a great Adventure!
Check out the DVD and PHOTO GALLERY
Help spread the word of Two Acre Wood, forward this to a buddy.

Your friend in nature, Patty Peeples

Attached Thumbnails
Two Acre Wood (Florida Everglades)-gullsbread315.jpg
Old 14-03-2007, 07:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Patty Peeples wrote:
Two Acre Wood
New Edition for this week
"Everglades and the Atlantic Ocean"
(Go directly to new edition page for all photos)
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...everglades.htm
Two Acre Wood on Vacation
It was a great Adventure!
Check out the DVD and PHOTO GALLERY
Help spread the word of Two Acre Wood, forward this to a buddy.

Your friend in nature, Patty Peeples

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls. Sorry, but that's not a good idea. It
habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food. Around here, we have signs at all
picnic areas asking people to refrain from feeding the gulls. And to
replace the covers on the garbage cans, as otherwise those feathered
rats will get into the cans and scatter the garbage.

Gulls are wonderful flyers, and I love watching them, but they are not
the best birds to have around people.

--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)
Old 14-03-2007, 08:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wolf" wrote in message

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls.

I feed gulls. We all feed gulls. You can't help feeding gulls, they'll take
advantage of food wherever they find it. I live 60 miles from the nearest
shore.

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.

sorry, but it's impossible to avoid it.

It habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food.

Evidence?

Old 15-03-2007, 02:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Wolf" wrote in message

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls.

I feed gulls. We all feed gulls. You can't help feeding gulls, they'll take
advantage of food wherever they find it. I live 60 miles from the nearest
shore.

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.

sorry, but it's impossible to avoid it.

It habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food.

Evidence?

It happened in our town.

Old 15-03-2007, 11:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wolf" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Wolf" wrote in message

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls.

I feed gulls. We all feed gulls. You can't help feeding gulls, they'll
take advantage of food wherever they find it. I live 60 miles from the
nearest shore.

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.

sorry, but it's impossible to avoid it.

It habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food.

Evidence?

It happened in our town.

That's anecdotal, not evidence. It's never happened to me :-)

Mary

Old 15-03-2007, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Wolf" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Wolf" wrote in message

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls.

I feed gulls. We all feed gulls. You can't help feeding gulls, they'll
take advantage of food wherever they find it. I live 60 miles from the
nearest shore.

Sorry, but that's not a good idea.

sorry, but it's impossible to avoid it.

It habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food.

Evidence?

It happened in our town.

That's anecdotal, not evidence. It's never happened to me :-)

Mary

--

Hello Mary......so nice to see you. Well whatever the opinion is....I sure
had a good time with them. Most of them where fast but took the bread

Old 16-03-2007, 07:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:59:06 -0500, Wolf wrote:

Patty Peeples wrote:
Two Acre Wood
New Edition for this week
"Everglades and the Atlantic Ocean"
(Go directly to new edition page for all photos)
http://www.twoacrewood.net/editionpa...everglades.htm
Two Acre Wood on Vacation
It was a great Adventure!
Check out the DVD and PHOTO GALLERY
Help spread the word of Two Acre Wood, forward this to a buddy.

Your friend in nature, Patty Peeples

Oh, dear, you're feeding gulls. Sorry, but that's not a good idea. It
habituates the gulls to human feeding, and once habituated they will
actually attack people with food.

And she's feeding the gull bread. Geesh.