GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring Icicles - Pieris-1_4989.jpg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/156132-spring-icicles-pieris-1_4989-jpg.html)

John - Pa. 31-03-2007 05:54 PM

Spring Icicles - Pieris-1_4989.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
Along with crocuses, the pieris bushes on our property are some of our
first bloomers, and lightly fragrant too.

I really like these bushes. They are broadleaf evergreen in our area,
and act as nice winter greenery and privacy screen. They also do well
in spots under trees that are quite shady. They are known as slow
growers, but ours may have been put in when our house was built in
1960, and they are 10-12 ft high monsters now. As an older variety,
these don't get the colorful new sprouts that some of the more recent
cultivars have.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included