Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default orchid

Seventeen years ago in Singapore I bought a small glass jam jar containing
about 15 1-2 millimetre orchid clones in some sort of sterile gel from the
botanic garden. Over the years they have all died or been lost, however, I
have one left. And this is it! This is the first time it has flowered in
seventeen years, and the perfume is divine!

someone

Attached Thumbnails
orchid-orchidx.jpg
Old 02-04-2007, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"someone" wrote in message
Seventeen years ago in Singapore I bought a small glass jam jar containing
about 15 1-2 millimetre orchid clones in some sort of sterile gel from

the
botanic garden. Over the years they have all died or been lost, however,

have one left. And this is it! This is the first time it has flowered in
seventeen years, and the perfume is divine!

someone

My apologies to everyone for such a huge photo, I didn't know it would be so
large. I only have a 1.5 px camera, so I thought it would be smaller.

someone

Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks, Wendy, and for the hint as to name, Laeliocattleya does ring a
distant bell. Somewhere in my ancient box of garden stuff I think I still
have the label, but you've certainly sent me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

someone