Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Azalea austrinum

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Azalea austr.jpg (211.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"V_coerulea" wrote in message

I'm not a lover of azalea or rhododendron but this one looked like one I
experienced in 1998.

We were camping on the prize-winning Two Sisters' Lawn at Hever Castle in
Kent, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn. It's not a camp site, we were
taking part in an historical event. There was the most glorious scent in the
evening but it was May - the wrong time for honeysuckle which was all I
could think of. I traced the perfume to an azalea which looked like your
picture and enjoyed its fragrance all that weekend.

Funny - I'd forgotten all about the asalea until I saw the picture. At that
time I was a little distracted by the new diagnosis of breast cancer I'd
just had :-) It's all coming back to me now, what a happy time we had in
that beautiful place.

After the public had left we had the place to ourselves, the Italian Garden,
the Yew Maze, the shy animals which stayed hidden during the day ...

http://www.hever-castle.co.uk/garden...ult.asp?ID=186

shows some of the gardens if you have time to look at it.

Thanks for reminding me :-)

Mary

[IMG] code is On

Backyard Azalea 3Putt in Coastal SC Garden Photos 0 01-04-2009 01:24 AM
azalea papanix United Kingdom 6 19-11-2003 11:22 AM
[IBC] azalea Art Krummel Bonsai 0 15-02-2003 05:51 PM
azalea questions Tanya Gardening 6 11-02-2003 05:55 PM
[IBC] azalea basics Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 05:26 AM