Old 08-04-2007, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Spring in Ohio

Here we have the ridiculous view of my house this week. Last Tuesday it
was 85deg; Wed night 22deg. A sixty-three deg difference. And of course
as we had had several weeks of 70+deg weather everything had started to
grow for the spring. We had temps in the teens this weekend. I doubt the
garbage cans will save anything but I had to try.

As we say here in Ohio, this year Spring was on a Tuesday, which was
good since I'm off on Tuesdays. Unfortunately last year it was on a
Thursday and I had to work all day so I missed it.

I expect that, as usual, after a bitterly cold winter (now) and one day
of moderate temps (last Tuesday), when the cold finally lifts, we'll
have the usual 95degrees for three months with no rain for a summer and
one day of fall then snow and freezing temps again. Here in Ohio we have
four seasons: winter, still winter, not quite winter, and almost winter.
It rains a lot in 'still winter' and is gray all year long. I grew up
thinking the color referred to as 'Sky Blue' in books was a shade of
medium battleship gray.

Attached Thumbnails
Spring in Ohio-frontyardgarbagecansfull.jpg