Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Tillandsia Garden

My Tilly garden. Yes I have quite a few & running out of things to mount
them on.
Tillandsias are easy growers & no trouble at all.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Tillandsia Garden-tillygarden-dsc00590.jpg
Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:20:06 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

My Tilly garden. Yes I have quite a few & running out of things to mount
them on.
Tillandsias are easy growers & no trouble at all.
Cheers Wendy

I think that is just wonderful. So whimsical, and I just love it.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Wendy7" wrote in message
My Tilly garden. Yes I have quite a few & running out of things to mount
them on.
Tillandsias are easy growers & no trouble at all.
Cheers Wendy

What an amazing collection!

Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks Gary, Aah yes Spanish moss is T. usneoides, I have a ton of it too,
under shadecloth of course.
I have two types, one is very, very fine not sure if there are different
varieties.
I imagine if spanish moss grows you could grow most Tilly's.
Cheers Wendy

Old 11-04-2007, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Oh I've been lurking in and out of this ng's for many, many years. All the
beautiful photos that always look so incredibly professional, but I have a
weakness for tills and that home garden look. May I ask where you found such
a variety? I'm nearly certain our Spanish Moss did not survive the winter
in our little greenhouse, but the small mounting of tills that I keep on the
dining room table weathered the season well

Old 12-04-2007, 02:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Interesting that the Spanish Moss didn't make it?
I have received pieces from my mentor, purchased from Tropiflora in Florida
& also aquired quite a
few plants from a collection of a out of business sale.
Cheers Wendy
t...

Old 13-04-2007, 07:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:20:06 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

My Tilly garden. Yes I have quite a few & running out of things to mount
them on.
Tillandsias are easy growers & no trouble at all.
Cheers Wendy

You have a nice collection. Many years ago I considered collecting
Tillandsias and decided not to. I kind of wish I had, now I don't have
room for more plants.
I do have a T.cyanea that my wife rescued from work , it was down to a
couple of leaves when she brought it home, and even though it seems
happy and is growing, it has never bloomed. I keep it in a glass globe
for humidity.
--

09=ix

Old 14-04-2007, 03:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thanks G, Aah T. cyanea one of the ones that are usually potted. Mine don't
bloom as well as they
should & I think its a case of needing more shaded sunlight.
Cheers Wendy

"Garrapata" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:20:06 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

My Tilly garden. Yes I have quite a few & running out of things to mount
them on.
Tillandsias are easy growers & no trouble at all.
Cheers Wendy

You have a nice collection. Many years ago I considered collecting
Tillandsias and decided not to. I kind of wish I had, now I don't have
room for more plants.
I do have a T.cyanea that my wife rescued from work , it was down to a
couple of leaves when she brought it home, and even though it seems
happy and is growing, it has never bloomed. I keep it in a glass globe
for humidity.
--

09=ix

[IMG] code is On

Tillandsia - unknown-tillandsia-2.jpg charles Garden Photos 2 06-08-2010 05:06 AM
tillandsia - unknown-tillandsia-1.jpg charles Garden Photos 2 06-08-2010 05:04 AM
Tillandsia Houston Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 18-04-2009 08:47 PM
tillandsia fast Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
tillandsia fast Texas 0 06-03-2003 11:34 PM