GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cactus flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/157321-cactus-flower.html)

Padraig 23-04-2007 04:28 PM

Cactus flower

1 Attachment(s)
My wife and I went to the "Green Scene Home & Garden Show" at Cal State
Fullerton's Arboretum yesterday and I saw this and a couple of other
interesting cacti at a vendor's stall, and had just told her I thought I'd
buy this when a cranky old gal who either ran the stall or merely worked
there came up and said "Sir, no photographs please!" in a really foul tone
of voice.

No sale.
--
Paddy's Pig
------------

wendy7 23-04-2007 05:01 PM

Cactus flower

Hey Pat, My hubby & I were there too! Was this the case everywhere? I
didn't take my camera.
The last time I went was in 98 & there were only one or two carts & not busy
at all.
Nic pic.
Cheers Wendy

Mary Fisher 23-04-2007 08:21 PM

Cactus flower

"Padraig" wrote in message
My wife and I went to the "Green Scene Home & Garden Show" at Cal State
Fullerton's Arboretum yesterday and I saw this and a couple of other
interesting cacti at a vendor's stall, and had just told her I thought I'd
buy this when a cranky old gal who either ran the stall or merely worked
there came up and said "Sir, no photographs please!" in a really foul tone
of voice.

No sale.
--

Good for you. You get that kind of person sometimes. We make and sell
reproduction historical items and I remember at one fair that a chap selling

When a camera appears Spouse (who's far more picturesque than I am!) whips
off his un-mediaeval spectacles :-)

Many people ask if they can take pictures of us and our goods, that's a nice
courtesy but we don't mind when they don't.

Mary

Padraig 23-04-2007 11:56 PM

Cactus flower

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hey Pat, My hubby & I were there too! Was this the case everywhere?

No - most vendors were very polite and helpful. We bought from the ones who
appreciated our business and were glad to have us at their booths.
--
Paddy's Pig